Are you flossing correctly? Would you even know if you were if you could tell? As long as you are scheduling regular checkups with your dentist to ensure your oral health is on track, you can monitor how effective your treatment plans are going. Here are a few tips about improving your flossing sessions:
– The key is to brush between each tooth, including the back row.
– The best way to hold dental floss is to wrap each end around a finger on each hand, making sure there is enough slack in the thread to move up and down the strand as needed.
– Avoid using the same piece of dental floss more than once.
– Partially curve the floss around each tooth in a “c” shape to efficiently reach all areas around the tooth.
– Dental floss is extremely valuable for removing plaque debris that brushing alone cannot reach.
– Each strand of dental floss typically should be 18 inches in length.
– Look for dental floss that is shred resistant thread, such as single filament thread, to certify it will not fail during normal use.
– A typical brushing session should last roughly three minutes.
If you think you have an oral health ailment, please call Oakmont Family Dentists so we can get you in to see Dr. Todd S. Resek and Howard C. Nader and our team as soon as possible. Our office is located in Oakmont, Pennsylvania, and we can be reached at 412-828-3311. Poor oral health can be conquered, so feel free to come see us today!